Hi WordPress friend!
Do you like to run? Do you like to run with friends? Will you be in Nashville for WordCamp US 2018? Then do we have some fun planned for you!
Some of us WordPress folk are planning a group run while we’re all in Nashville for WordCamp U.S. and we’d love for you to join us. All paces are welcome.
It’s cold, y’all. Make sure you’re prepared for cold running because it’s not getting out of the 40s this week.
We are now scheduling the run with 3 times to ensure more can participate.
To keep things simple, we will run the same route each time. I will provide small print outs of the route for the run to make sure no one gets lost.
Please try to arrive 15 minutes before the run begins. We’ll wait no later than 15 minutes after the hour to begin.
Scheduled times for the run are as follows. The links are calendar invites.
- Thursday, December 6 at 2 p.m.
- Lead: Rachel Cherry
- Contact: (818) 660-6143, only texts please
- Friday, December 7 at 7 a.m.
- Lead: Chance Strickland
- Contact: (240) 422-8260, only texts please
- Saturday, December 8 at 7 a.m.
- Lead: Tara Claeys
- Contact: (571) 310-5304, only texts please
- Possible rain: We’re monitoring the forecast and Saturday is 90% chance of rain. Anyone interested in running Saturday can text Tara to check on the status of the run.
- Other 5K in area: We just discovered there will be a larger, organized 5K beginning at 8 a.m. called the Santa Dash Course. You can view the route. It appears our two routes only cross in one area, towards the end. We’ll adjust our route for this morning if needed.
The route we have planned is 3.25 miles and hits a few scenic points downtown, including the Tennessee State Capitol, the Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park, and views of the Cumberland River. The route finishes along the river and ends at the bottom of the John Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge, if anyone wants to cool off with a view.
We’ll meet at Music City Walk of Fame Park and start the run at the corner of Demonbreun St and 5th Ave. Our route will end at the park so feel free to park nearby if need be.
You can view the route on Google Maps.
How to join the fun
Please use the form below to sign up for updates and let us know which time you’re likely to join. You can change your time at will, but this helps give us an idea of who to look out for.
See you in Nashville!